Send Data with socket.io trought ethernet with an Poe Splitter.
I would like to send data from a nodeJs Server to Esp32 runing low.js trought ethernet (without Wifi).... My question :
- Can we use socket.io on low.js ?
- Can we exchange data with ethernet if we use a Poe Splitter with the Neonous One...
- Do you plane to have a Neomous One with a Poe ?
neoniousTR last edited by
Finally back from vacation!
As answered directly after you sent the question via email on the same day:
- socket.io works with low.js. I am sorry, neonious one does not support PoE!
To give some more insight:
- A PoE Splitter will work. The neonious one has 100 Mbit, so it only needs 4 of 8 pins
- There is currently no plan of supporting PoE. Maybe you want to take a look at the ESP32 Ethernet Kit Board, it is fully supported by low.js! Link: https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/latest/esp32/hw-reference/esp32/get-started-ethernet-kit.html