Blog Forum Contact Us

Node.js API on low.js

Currently 70 % of the Node.js API is implemented, the other 30 % are still to be done. Still, the currently implemented API already makes low.js very powerful already.

We have the goal of fully implementing the Node.js API of Node.js version 10.0 (with the exceptions below) by end of 2019.

What we will not implement by design

Currently implemented

Module / Node.js
documentation page
Current Status
assert
Buffer
console
crypto currently implemented: crypto.createHash / crypto.createHmac, resulting object supports update and digest, also randomBytes, randomFill and randomFillSync
dns
Errors
fs not yet implemented: (f/l)chmod, (f/l)chown, copyFile, f(data)sync, ftruncate, link, lstat, mkdtemp and the corresponding sync functions
Globals currently not implemented: WHATWG style URL+URLSearchParams (use Node.JS style url module instead). For process global, see process below
http not implemented yet: checkContinue, checkExpectation, writeContinue, writeProcessing
https only supports one cert, key, ca, all in PEM format
Modules custom search paths are not followed yet
net
os implemented: arch(), platform(), freemem(), totalmem(), uptime(), rest return fake values
path
process some functions are not implemented, also currently no way to give data to process.stdin
querystring
readline
repl
stream
string_decoder only supports utf8
Timers
tls only supports one cert, key, ca, all in PEM format
tty
dgram working, also multicast and broadcast are working, but multicast and broadcast functions are missing
url only supports Node.JS style urlObjects. Currently not implemented: WHATWG URL+URLSearchParams
util
vm not implemented yet: timeout, breakOnSigint
zlib not implemented yet